TFA Selective Workers Compensation Group (TFASWCG)
To reduce workers' compensation costs to its members and provide them with stable workers' compensation insurance, in 1993 the Tennessee Forestry Association established a separate, not-for profit trust know as the the Tennessee Forestry Association Selective Workers' Compensation Group (TFASWCG).
The TFASWCG self-insurance fund is a premium pooling concept which allows independent employers, through the payment of premiums, to establish a claims fund, purchase excess insurance and pay legitimate claims under the Tennessee Workers' Compensation Act. The Fund is to provide its members with a consistent, competitive and reliable method of complying with Tennessee's workers' compensation statutes.
The Fund is governed by a Board of Trustees elected by the members of the Fund. The Board of Trustees is responsible for the management of all Fund, investment of Fund assets, hiring of staff personnel service agents, and all their required to provide such services as claims processing and payments, loss control/safety engineer, marketing,accounting and legal services.
Members of every self-insurance fund in Tennessee are jointly and individually responsible for payment of all claims and expenses. Member of the Tennessee Forestry Association Selective Workers' Compensation Group are jointly and severally liable only for the claims and expenses incurred while members of the Fund.
- A homogenous wood products industry group means all member have common interests and workplace exposures.
- The TFASWCG rates are determined from the experience of the group; TFASWCG members become "master of their destiny."
- Superior claims service provides effective and responsive assistance to members when they need it most.
- Customized loss prevention services aid members with OSHA, ADA and other regulations, also formal safety programs, accident investigations, and many other serves.
- The TFASWCG is not-for-profit organization, excess premiums are returned to the members.
- The program is governed by a Board of Trustees, fund members elected by the fund members.
- Various cost-saving deductible plans
- Be involved in the manufacturing, marketing or distributing of primary or secondary forest products;
- Have an experience modification factor of 1.3 or less;
- Must be covered by workers' comp for last five years with a minimum premium of $15,000 and acceptable lost history.
- Exceptions to these criteria can be made on the basis of sound underwriting reasons. All exceptions must be approved by the excess insurance carrier.
- If you are a primary of secondary manufacturer of forest products, or are involved in the distribution or marketing of forest products, you may be eligible for coverage in the TFA Selective Workers’ Compensation Group.
To find out more about the unique opportunities available in this specialized program, contact your independent insurance agent, or the Tennessee Forestry Association at 615-883-3832 ask for Mike Whitley, or you can e-mail us at email@example.com.
Work Place Safety Resources
|http://www.loggingsafety.com/||General / Logging Safety|
|http://www.erslosscontrol.com/||ERS Loss Control Site|
|http://www.dol.gov/||Department of Labor|
|http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/||DOT / Fed Motor Carriers Safety Administration|
|http://www.occupationalhazards.com/||General Safety Site|
|http://www.compliancemag.com/||General Safety Site|
|http://www.ready.gov/||Fed Govt. Emergency Preparedness Site|
For more information please see our comment form located at the bottom of this page.
Our offices are located at:
2605 Elm Hill Pike, Suite G
Nashville, TN 37214
Please use the address below for sending mail or to our office.
P.O. Box 290693
Nashville, Tennessee 37229